Luxor African Film Festival Develops New Movies. From Egypt To Rwanda Or Madagascar.
African films. $ 5,000 from Luxor African Film Festival to develop new African films.
The ETISAL Fund Management has announced the details of STEP Program to support African feature films specially the first or second features by a director. Submitted to this competition were 14 different projects from 8 African countries: Namibia, Rwanda, Ivory Coast, Madagascar, Egypt, Ethiopia, Morocco and Nigeria. The jury has decided to support 5 projects in the development workshop with French expert Isabelle Fauvel for two weeks starting from March 1. These projects are:
1. “Nine letters” directed by Philbert Mbabazi from Rwanda.
2. “Disco Africa” directed by Luck Razanajaona from Madagascar.
3. “Mercy of the Jungle” directed by Joel Karekezi from Rwanda.
4. “Starting Date” directed by Yasser Shefeie from Egypt.
5. “The Puppetmaster” by Nermin Salem from Egypt.
Azza Elhosseiny, director of ETISAL Fund has also announced that the jury will finally choose 3 projects to support in the amount of $ 5,000 in the development and preproduction phase. Results at the will be announced at the closing ceremony of Luxor African Film Festival on March 21, 2015.
Enjoy your day, Yareah friends. Art is everywhere and up to you!