H&T Pawnbrokers donates toys for kids at Christmas
A year of fundraising ends with a nationwide toy and fund collection for children’s hospitals and charities
H&T Pawnbrokers has committed once again to helping others – collecting toys and funds for children in the run up to Christmas. Staff members sold raffle tickets offering customers the chance to win diamond jewellery and Christmas hampers filled with food, drink and money off vouchers. They held hot chocolate and mince pie mornings, asking customers to donate a small something. They held fun days with face painting, balloon twisting, fancy dress and music. They dressed up in Christmas outfits, offering families a photo with Santa for a small charitable donation. They wrote poems and stood on the high streets rattling collection tins and encouraging people to bring in toys for children who are sick or in poverty.
This is H&T Pawnbrokers last fundraising activity for 2014 which has been a busy and successful year:
– Over 7,000 Easter eggs collected for local children’s charities and hospitals
– £20,000 raised for CRUK with a summer of ‘fun and fatigue’
– £5,500 for Macmillan with a coffee morning
‘I’m very proud of H&T staff for their enthusiasm and dedication to the gift collection and fundraising activities. As always I’m immensely grateful for our customers who so kindly donate to help out children who are in need at this time of year’, said H&T Pawnbrokers CEO, John Nichols.
Fifty-seven H&T Pawnbrokers stores throughout Scotland and Northern England are acting as Christmas toy drop off points for Mission Christmas, collecting gifts and money to help enable kids living in poverty to enjoy Christmas.
Other stores are supporting national children’s charities such as The Sick Children’s Trust, The Children’s Trust, Homestart, Precious Kids Children’s Trust, POD children’s charity or local hospices and hospitals including:
– Butterwick House Children’s Hospice, St Andrews Children’s Hospice, Oldham Royal Hospital Children’s ward, Bassetlaw Children’s Ward, Derby Children’s Hospital, Derian House Hospice, as well as other local food banks and charities in the North of England.
– Children’s Hospice South West, Royal Berkshire Hospital Children’s Ward, Wexham Park Hospital Children’s Ward, Croydon University Hospital, Ronald McDonald Children’s House Brighton and Brixton Soup Kitchen in the South of England.