LONDON (09 January 2014) — The special issue of National Geographic Traveller – Family is available now on UK newsstands, focusing on great travel ideas for 2014.
Cover story: National Geographic Traveller – Family asked its writers where they took their families when they travelled, what they plan to do for 2014, and if they had any tips for booking a trip. From European cycling tours to the wild beaches of Puglia, and a Moroccan multi-gen getaway to a Californian road trip, take inspiration from those in the know.
Also in this issue:
• Safari: Big Five drama and the primordial wonders of Victoria Falls and some of the best family-friendly safari destinations.
• Winter chills: From skiing in Canada and snowmobiling across Finland to cruising in Alaska.
• On the move: German fairy-tale adventures and multi-gen adventure on an Austrian cycling tour.
• Sun seekers: Tales of Cyprus, Dubai and Israel.
• Where to stay: France’s top family friendly places to stay.
• Caribbean: Cooking up a storm in St Lucia between snuba and snorkel pit stops.
• Ten reasons… to visit Italy, from pizzas to piazzas, art to architecture and more.
• City guides: Including Copenhagen, Sydney and Reyjkjavik, plus pull-out kids’ guides.
• Real life: Top tips and ideas for travelling with baby.
• Survival Guide: Florida theme parks or Euro Disney, which to choose; road testing car seats; voluntourism for teens; and European train routes.
PLUS a fabulous competition: Win a 12-day trip to Thailand for a family of four with G Adventures.
The special spring issue of National Geographic Traveller – Family is on sale from 9 January on newsstands with a cover price of GBP £3.85.
For a taster of the issue, view this 26-page digital sample issue: www.natgeotraveller.co.uk/familyspring14
Visit www.natgeotraveller.co.uk for more information.