Work is now well underway on the building of a new 12MVA substation at London’s Perivale Data Centre
The substation is fed from the national grid by two dual resilient 11kV feeds, either of which will be capable of supplying the full 12MVA load.
Perivale One is the first data centre to have gained planning permission – and now power – on the 20 acre site in West London, owned by Hermes Real Estate Investment Management Limited (HREIML). HREIML intend for the Perivale Park site to become a major data centre in this strategic, well powered and highly connected location.
Jane Rampin of Bracknell and Perivale Data Centres said: “Assembling the essential infrastructure elements for a data centre is costly and time consuming. Securing 12MVA of power and facilitating its delivery to site has been a critical step in bringing Perivale Data Centre to fruition. This success demonstrates HREIML’s commitment to the scheme and our ability to deliver.”
HREIML is working in partnership with GCE Data Centres to deliver phase one, a purpose built two storey data centre at Perivale Park. This phase, which already has full planning consent, is offered for lease as a 30,000 sq ft powered shell, translating to some 15,000 sq ft of net technical space. With the new substation build running to plan, it is expected that the site will be energised next month.
David Willcocks, Director, Jones Lang LaSalle commented, “Opting for a powered shell data centre solution can shorten a clients’ build time by two years. HREIML and GCE have already done all the time consuming and expensive works to identify a site with plenty of power and fibre connectivity, drawn up plans and obtained full planning consent. The picture is complete with 12MW of power, secured and delivered.”
A data centre needs connectivity as well as power and HREIML, in conjunction with GCE, has at least ten high profile carriers poised to bring fibre into the Perivale Data Centre. These include BT, Colt Telecom, CWW, EasyNet, Geo Networks, Global Crossing, Redstone, SSE (Neos), Verizon Business and Virgin Media.
Low latencies are important to a successful data centre and the sites strategic location, between the City and Slough and inside the M25 ensures that they remain low.
The partnership also brought forward another powered shell data centre scheme at Bracknell, in the heart of the Thames Valley region, one of the UK’s primary tech hubs. A 78,000 sq ft powered shell scheme, Bracknell Data Centre is now available with high levels of connectivity, planning consent and 10MWA of power and is also about to be energised.
Jones Lang LaSalle and GVA Connect are joint lettings agents on the scheme.
About Hermes Fund Managers
Hermes is a unique fund manager – we have been an industry leader in Responsible Investing for over thirty years and offer clients the unparalleled combination of:
• Our Multi-Boutique Structure gives institutional and pension fund clients globally the benefit of access to a broad range of specialist, high conviction investment teams operating within an established and robust operating platform.
• Our Investment Office is a crucial function, acting as a performance risk ‘radar’ for all boutiques’ investment activity and is central to our mission to deliver Sustainable Risk-Adjusted Alpha to all our clients.
• Our commitment to behaving as a Responsible Asset Manager, not merely by being a ‘Responsible Investor’ in quoted companies but also by applying these principles across all asset classes and by behaving as a ‘good fiduciary’ on behalf of our clients.
Hermes’ investment solutions include:
• Bonds: Inflation-Linked, Government Bonds, Investment Grade, High Yield
• Alternatives: Commodities, Hedge Fund Solutions, Real Estate, Private Equity, Infrastructure
• Equities: Global, Emerging Markets, Small Cap, Europe, Japan
Hermes manages assets on behalf of more than 170 clients* across these investment areas with £26.1 billion* assets under management. Additionally, we support pension funds and other global institutional investors worldwide in meeting their ESG responsibilities through our market leading Hermes Equity Ownership Services, which takes on a stewardship role engaging globally on more than £129 billion* of assets.
*Please note the total AuM figure includes £3.5bn of assets managed or under an advisory agreement by Hermes GPE LLP (“HGPE”), a joint venture between Hermes Fund Managers (“HFM”) and GPE Partner Limited. HGPE is an independent entity and not part of the Hermes group. £0.4bn of total group AuM figure represents HFM mandates under advice. Source: Hermes as at 30 September 2013.