Jeremy Deller will present a much-anticipated solo exhibition in the British Pavilion at the 55th International Art Exhibition in Venice from 1st June to 24th November 2013.
Jeremy Deller’s way of working as artist, orchestrator, filmmaker, curator and cultural archivist is both highly influential and often collaborative. People often take centre stage in Deller’s practice and, over the last two decades, the Turner Prize-winning artist has collaborated with groups as diverse as former miners, bat behavioural experts, Depeche Mode fans and numerous musicians. Deller has an infectious interest in the creativity of others, overturning cultural hierarchies and staging opportunities for interaction with characteristic wit and clarity.
Chloe Kinsman or Toby Kidd at Pelham Communications on +44 208 9693959
Chloe@pelhamcommunications.com or Toby@pelhamcommunications.com
– Maoliosa Boyle, Director, Void Gallery, Derry
– Chris Dercon, Director, Tate Modern, London
– Simon Groom, Director, Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art, Edinburgh
– Waldemar Januszczak, Art Critic, The Sunday Times
– Jenni Lomax, Director, Camden Arts Centre, London
– Victoria Pomery, Director, Turner Contemporary, Margate
– Simon Wallis, Director, The Hepworth Wakefield
– Chair: Andrea Rose, Director of Visual Arts, British Council
Preview dates: 29, 30 & 31 May 2013